Friday, October 3, 2014

Doughnuts

One of the things that keeps me sane is going on play-dates with friends. We usually meet up at the park, the mall playground, or the children's museum. This day, we decided to go to the Doughnut Wheel! We went at 2 in the afternoon, the place was a hole in the wall, and there were actually quite a few people there! I guess us Tucsonians like our afternoon doughnuts. 
So many yummy choices!
Toasted coconut...mmmmm
 Annie's idea of eating doughnut holes...take a bite out of each one. 
This lovely lady took a shining to the kids. She asked them their names along with other questions through her broken English. The kids took a shining back, for she had a little twinkle in her eye and such a happy demeanor. 
On the shelf behind her she had collected all these trinkets from trucks and eagles, to Buddhas and elephants. She dusted them off and showed each one to the kids.  
Not so sure I agree with this statement...
I wish I had gotten a picture of the singing fish on the wall. The lady would pull out a long stick to press the red button. The fish would then sing songs, one of which was "I Will Survive". So random, but the kids loved it!
Here's our little friend Brooke. She and Annie are good friends.
It looks like Annie is putting in her order..."Uhh, can you get me another one of those, please?!"
Who knew that a little trip to the Doughnut wheel could be so magical. Thank you super nice lady for making our visit memorable! I wish I could say we'll visit often, but we all know that wouldn't be good for my waist line. 

1 comment: