Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I'm in survival mode these days. Three kids under the age of four is not an easy gig, people! I had some amazing help from my mom and mother-in-law for the first couple of weeks and now that they are gone, (sniff sniff), I'm having to learn how to function all over again. Alex and I are experimenting with different routines to try to make life a little easier and more enjoyable for all of us. Cause man oh man... going on only a couple of hours of sleep sure has me short tempered among other not so wanted characteristics. But instead on wallowing in my "Worst Mom of the Year" award,  I try to find ways to recharge - removing myself from the situation, sleep, sugar, and blogging too. And thank goodness for an awesome backyard where the kids want to go and are out of my hair for a little bit! 
Needless to say, I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine, restoring my energy, and feeling like a decent mom again. I don't think I can handle the guilt of putting on another movie for these kids! Oh well...guilt handled. 
This is normal with three kids, right? Oh I hope so. Cause I lost my Super Mom cape and I don't think it's ever coming back. Oh yea...that's right...I never had one. 

Carry on...Carry on.
Calm or not. 

7 comments:

  1. You can do it, Shauna!!! You are an amazing Mom, no matter what you think. Annie is beautiful -you are so blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with ya! You forgot to add, that your husband is in medical school! Ha ha! We are crazy! But, I would not trade it for the world! Love little Annie so much! I wish I could see these two Cuties together! Love you! You are a super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a beautiful girl! Congratulations!!! And don't worry, you'll find a good routine, and that super mom cape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's TOTALLY NORMAL!!! I keep thinking to myself (with my nice little routine), I know it's coming...It's OK to be in survival mode, ANYONE getting small increments of sleep and then taking care of 4 (sometimes whiny) human beings everyday would be exhausted to the point of insanity. Don't be hard on yourself. Just remember that in that moment when you feel yourself losing it-to PRAY-right then, that's the only way to get/grow through it. And it is just a phase, remember that too, and then maybe you could remind me of all of this in about 2 1/2 months, ok? Good luck with everything and everyone. I hope you start to get more rest very soon!!! =) ps-she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! She already looks like you! So beautiful!! Yah...I can't imagine having 3 under 4! Yikes! You're a good mom so I know you will figure it out. :-) I'm glad that Linc and this new baby will be so far apart in age :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. During these times, you really do have to rely on the atonement and believe that it's powerful enough to erase the awfulness of yesterdays and that it can enable today to be better. Your kids will be JUST fine with the mood swings, you will shift right out of it and they will completely forget that they ever happened. I've gone through times where I was just absolutely wretched and the kids just keep forgiving and forgetting and even that made me feel guilty. But I learned that due to the wonderful forgiving and happy nature of children, they just need you to wake up today, ready to go, like there was nothing wrong with yesterday. They need you to wake up not burdened with guilt/pain for what/how you (and they) should have behaved yesterday. Once I learned that in life, I found life really started to look up for my family. Trial by fire! You are doing it! No way past it but through it. That and strap those babies in a stroller and walk and walk and walk, that's what I did. I got a Valco Tri-Mode stroller for that year and we just went to town. Avery was almost three when Penny was born. It was craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks SO much like a Geyer! Those pictures are darling! And I forgot to mention in my comment on your last post that I love her name! It's so pretty!
    I also love the way you write. I love how candid and honest you are. I know what you mean about putting on another movie just to keep your sanity! I also know what you mean about losing your temper all the time....and I only have two! I think you are amazing and I wish we were still neighbors!
    I like your quote "carry on, carry on. Calm or not" That's a perfect description of motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete