Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Poor Baby

Annie broke her arm! She's the first of my kids to break a bone and I have a feeling it won't be the last. And the crazy thing is that I don't even know how it happened! 
It was late afternoon and I was finally changing her out of her pjs. When I yanked on her sleeve, she started whining saying "ow! ow! my arm!" She wasn't crying or anything, but I was curious why it was hurting. I just watched her a little bit and noticed her forearm looked funny. It was slighting bending in the middle. I felt her arms, squeezed them, compared them, trying to do whatever I could to asses the situation. And all the while, Annie hardly made a peep. I went with my gut and took her in to the Urgent Care. She was as happy as could be, bopping around, babbling and even climbing on the chairs. I'm sure the nurses and staff there thought I was an over-sensitive mom and was just wasting their time. But sure enough she completely broke her radius! And she's been handling it great, sleeping just fine, and even trying to draw with her right arm. She's a trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment