Friday, June 8, 2012

What's in a Name


I had one long name growing up -  "Janet...Ladell...Steven...Ronnie...SHAUNA"! I never understood why in the world my mom couldn't get my name right the first time. She always seemed to list off three or four other names before finally reaching my name.
Well, now I understand. I always do it to Lucy. I'll accidentally call her by the names of my twin sisters... Laura or Teeny (Christina). I always correct myself quickly and I don't think she really ever notices or even understands anyways... until this morning.

After finishing off her morning milk, she ran over to the sink and threw her cup in.

"Thank you Laura...Lucy"

She responds, "Thank you Teeny....Mommy" 


My eyes immediately filled with tears from laughing so hard.
What a little smartie pants! She's not even 3 yet!

2 comments:

  1. Haha- I love the sayings kids pick up on! Anne keeps telling me "maybe another time..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! She is so smart!

    ReplyDelete