Friday, June 21, 2013

Anna's Blessing

We packed up and headed to California for Anna's baby blessing. We had wanted to bless her back home, but no one was able to come out. So we went to them! It was especially wonderful because my grandfather was able to participate along with our brothers-in-law. My beautiful Auntie Dell was also able to make it down for the blessing. How grateful we are to be surrounded by such loving family!
When I was first married, I had told myself that I wanted to make my my daughters' blessing dresses. The reason being was that I wanted to incorporate my wedding dress into their blessing dresses. And I did just that. About a week before we left to go to California, I gathered my supplies and began working. Leave it to me to wait til the last minute to start making something! Good thing I had a 7 hour car ride to sew on the beading...literally finishing the last of it as we pulled up the driveway. The beading is the same beading used on my wedding dress. I had also made a dress for Lucy using this beading. I am not a seamstress by any means! I don't know how many directions I skipped in the process. Which would probably explain why Annie's dress was somewhat falling apart by the end of church. Threads dangling all over just crying to be cut off. But I can at least say that I did it, right?! Her booties and headband are also handmade. My mom found them at the Quilted Bear in Salt Lake. I just embellished them a little.
In case you're wondering, I did not cut the beading off of my dress. I had some extra.
I'm not that crazy! :)
(And remind me to not get my bangs cut again...they tend to have a mind of their own!)

3 comments:

  1. How precious Shauna! You did a great job! And it will mean so much to Lucy and Anna as they grow up, to know that you made them. I don't think I'll ever aspire to bead work on dresses! I think I ever have a girl, it will be a white dress with a lace overlay. Love the pictures. And I can't get over how cute the booties and headband are too! How neat to have the blessing back home! (I love your bangs! If you want them to stay put to one side you've got to train them... part and blow dry when wet. I then use a curling iron and hairspray. Pretty soon you won't have to blow dry them to a side, they'll know better than to disobey) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That outfit was SO beautiful! The beading was amazing! What a sweet idea to use the same stuff from your wedding dress.
    Little Anna looks so much like a Geyer! Your babies all looked so similar when they were young....at least I think so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress turned out perfect!! She's such a doll :)

    ReplyDelete