Thursday, August 8, 2013

Birthday Girl

I have a slew of pictures and whatnot to be blogged about from this summer. But I'm going to alter the chronological order of things to give a shout out to this beautiful FOUR year old!! Lucy had a birthday on August 4th. So, does being four on August 4th make that her golden birthday already? 
Each birthday I make sure to have the birthday kid wake up to special birthday decorations. Lucy saw the streamers spiraling down the staircase. Coyly she says, 
"Mom...what's this for?" (very well knowing what it's for)
"What do you think it's for?!"
"Umm...my birthday."
"YEA! It's your birthday!! Happy birthday my big beautiful girl!"
"Thanks mom. It's soooo special and so magnificent!"  
Yes...she used the word 'magnificent'. Gosh, I love her!

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl who started me on this wonderful journey called motherhood! She is my bestest little friend whom I adore and squish and love up on every day. 
Her birthday wish: "Make a rainbow with a rainbow pony to fly on"
I interviewed Lucy and asked her a few of her favorites:
What is your favorite color? Purple
What is your favorite toy? Playing with Barbies and dollies
Who is your favorite person in the whole wide world? Janie and Auntie Laura too
What is your favorite book? About girl things
What is your favorite song? I Am a Child of God
What is your favorite food? Pizza
What is your favorite game? Playing Minnie
What is your favorite animal? Elephant and giraffe
What is your favorite movie? Sleeping Beauty
Who is your best friend? Shauna and Charlotte (I'm glad to see Shauna is her best friend, not "mom" along with Charlotte who was once a friend a year ago but has since turned into a fantastical, make believe friend)
What is your favorite thing to do? Play at the park
What is your favorite time of year? Floating by myself with my floaties
What is your favorite part of day? I like to go on a sleepover tonight
What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom and a rocking roll star
What is the thing that you do best? Go swimming
If you could go anywhere in the world, you'd go to: Disneyland
If you had one wish, what would it be? Playing on a unicorn
What was your best memory of being three? Go at the park and swim and swim and swim
What is the thing you look forward to the most about being four? Doing a sleepover party with Auntie Laura

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lucy!! I love your little interview! I think I might have to steal that idea with Anne :) Toddlers say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna! oh my gosh..I love Lucy so much! she makes me the happiest auntie ever! i love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete