Monday, July 22, 2013

A Little Get-a-Way * 5 Wonderful Years

We waited about a month to actually celebrate our fifth anniversary because we knew we'd be heading to California. It's pretty wonderful to have both sets of parents only minutes from each other...we were able to split up the kids between them and dump them off for a few days. (Thank you, dear parents!) We contemplated several destinations but ultimately decided on Oceanside. One reason was that we wanted to stay relatively close so that I could still nurse Annie once a day, and the other was for pure nostalgia. Oceanside was the beach that we'd go to all the time in high school together whether it was with friends or family or both. We even went there with the big prom group after the prom. That's what us Mormon kids did after prom... walked the pier at 1 am. I won't mention the fact that there may or may not have been a random streaker or two (not any of us, mind you. It was some random drunk guy. Some of us are still scarred!). You never know what you'll find at that time of night. Fishermen, prom kids, streakers...you name it! 
Anyways, we were excited to go this time and experience the beach as tourists. It was a totally different experience! We stayed in a hotel at the marina, ate at the harbor, and rode our bikes along the shore. Probably the best part, though I'd have to say, was just laying on a towel next to my husband, basking in the warm sun, listening to the crashing of the waves, with NO CHILDREN AROUND! Oh my gosh. Just heaven! All my focus was strictly on my husband and his on me, with no interruptions from our kidlets. Can we go back, please?! 
Wait, hold it!! Really?! That's my husband?! Woowee! You look goooood!
Ruby's is a restaurant down at the end of the pier. Always a must!

4 comments:

  1. What great pictures! I love the ocean! I'm so glad you guys got a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! We went away for our anniversary and I think we could've even stayed in provo and had a great time. As long as you get some kid-free time it's heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the cutest couple I have ever seen! You are just so beautiful! And you are so great a photography!!

    ReplyDelete