Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 12 - Nourish

didn't know what to write exactly for this prompt. I guess I could talk about what foods I like, but that just sounded so boring. So instead, I looked up the word “nourish” in the dictionary (that is, if you count Google as a dictionary) and the definition reads – “provide with the food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition”
Necessary…what is it that I find necessary to nourish my heart, mind, and soul? Aside from the basics of food and sleep, I have learned that something that nourishes me is interacting with others. And by others, I mean people other than my Littles at home. I love connecting with people. It almost gives me a little bit of a rush. Finding common ground with a person is something I search for. To be able to laugh, agree/disagree, talk about likes/dislikes, or even just shoot the breeze with another human being is invigorating. Because everyone is someone. They too have a story to tell, whether it be big or small, and I’d like to figure out what that story is.
I have also found that time alone is nourishing for me. No kids. No obligations. No one to talk to. Just me. My husband is pretty good at giving me that alone time when he can. If he can’t, I find other ways whether it be walking to the mailbox alone or sending the kids outside.  I need to be rejuvenated somehow so that I can simply face the day ahead.
Writing nourishes my soul. Writing helps me discover what is actually in my soul. It feels great to be able to get whatever it is out and to have it make sense. Or to knock me into sense! Sometimes I let things fester and they get so skewed and whacky that when I write those things down, it all doesn’t seem such a big deal after all.
I receive nourishment from above as well. In fact, above all I receive nourishment from my Father in Heaven. I can’t always recognize the help I receive, but I know it’s there. I know my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my situation. And those days when I feel alone, I know I never truly am.

M&M’s….peanut M&M’s. They unfortunately nourish me too. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, peanut m&m's :) I am so much like you with how people AND alone time energize and nourish me. It seems a proper balance is always being sought.
    Your writing helps others as well as yourself :)
    p.s. I commented on the past two posts as well.

    ReplyDelete