Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lucy is Three!!

While we were camping, we celebrated Lucy's 3rd birthday (Aug 4th). I can't believe my little girl is already three!! I can't even begin to express the amount of joy she has brought to our family in these three short years. She's pretty much the sweetest, most huggable, kissable, squishable little girl!

We brought her to the back of the car to reveal to her the big birthday surprise...
She couldn't believe what she found!!
A new bike!!! Basket, bell, and all!!
 She was pretty thrilled!

We improvised a birthday cake with a chocolate breakfast muffin. 
I'm sure she wished for a life time of Dora, riding her bike, and chocolate milk. 
Oh, the life of a three year old.

For the rest of our camping trip, she was non stop talking about her birthday and her new bike. She would see a stranger, yell for their attention, and when she got it she'd say something along the lines of "It's my birthday! I got my birthday bike!"
To this day, she still mentions her birthday to anyone she talks to. When they ask her how old she is, she goes into a long monologue of how she is three and that she got a bike for her birthday, went camping, something about the beach, ect. Her prayers even consist of being thankful for cousins, camping at the beach, cousins again, and of course her bike.

Happy Birthday Gooseberry!! We love you!

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! those surprised face pictures are absolutely ADORABLE!! seriously, i was dying of cuteness! i even made cam pause the olympics to look and he was like, "oh my gosh...that is so cute!" way to capture a 3 year old's happiest moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting too big and we are missing her! Give her loves from Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Mikael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- happy birthday Lucy!! I can't believe how grown up all our kiddos are getting. LOVE the surprise faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Lucy!!! What a cute bike! These three years really have flown by. Her face is simply priceless in all of the revealing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lucy! Taking these pictures is such a great idea -those surprised expressions are priceless!!! She is such a beautiful little girl, and -like everyone else -I can't believe that she is getting so big and 3 years old already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how excited she was and is! Kids LOVE bikes! Joey is outgrowing his, we need to get him a new one...maybe for his 4th birthday :) And I will do the same thing you did and try to catch his expressions on camera. But really, nobody is better at expressions than Lucy! She is SO cute! I can just hear her babbling on about her new bike and her birthday!

    To answer your question, I found a Canon 50D on KSL for a great deal! The guy had barely even used it (he was rich)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way!! How is she three! She really is the cutest! I love looking at your beautiful family and congratulations Alex on getting your white coat!

    ReplyDelete