Wednesday, August 15, 2012

White Coat Ceremony

Last weekend, Alex had his White Coat Ceremony. The ceremony is a ritual among schools that mark the transition into the medical profession and clinical setting. Many of the student's family and friends come, but it was just me and the kids cheering on our favorite guy!
I strategically sat in the back corner with the kids, brought tons of snacks, toys, and even the iPad to keep them occupied so I could enjoy the ceremony the best I could.
But I guess this goes without saying... I was wrestling alligators the whole time.

We had to wait a little bit until it was time for Alex to go up and receive his coat.
But it was finally his turn!!

That white coat suits him well, no?
I'm so proud of him for working so hard to get to this point! The road only gets longer and harder from  here, but I couldn't be more excited for him and in his pursuit of his dream!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Alex!! What a cool way to begin his schooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! and he looks so handsome in his new threads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah Alex! We should have done a "before" pic with Alex and Andy so we could compare their grey hairs after year 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell the doctor's office when I look at these pictures ;) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a handsome man :-) good job ;-) How exciting!

    ReplyDelete