Saturday, March 31, 2012

Today

I was woken up by Todd this morning around 6:45. I got him back to sleep, tucked him in and headed back to my bed. But as tired as I was, I couldn't help but notice the silence, accompanied by the chorus of birds greeting another beautiful day. I had a choice to make... do I go hop back in bed and try to get some more sleep (probably only an extra 45 min), or do I stay awake and enjoy this solitude, which is very rare. I always take the sleep option when given the choice. But this morning, I chose option B.
I put on some clothes and plopped on the couch, laying with my head on the arm rest and facing the floor to ceiling window. What do I do now? I'm up with no one to feed, no diapers to change, no one to entertain. I'm just laying on the couch, ankles crossed, and I'm watching the partly cloudy, pastel sky grow more bright each second as the sun is slowly rising. I'm doing nothing and I don't have to do anything! (this is great!) It's just me and my thoughts and the two red cardinals outside, bouncing from branch to branch, most likely hunting for their morning meal.
Just me and my thoughts, huh? What do I do with all of these thoughts? I'm not very good at channeling my thoughts. They are usually quite scattered and are often reflective. As great as reflecting can be most times, I tend to relive some of those thoughts and experiences... that's quite a difference.
It's a new day. A clean slate. A blank canvas.
Several days ago, I had another emotionally dumpy day. Yesterday was amazing, fun, happy, and silly. But today... hmmm..... what will today bring for me?


I think today will be a good day.

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to start your General Conference Day. I find myself like this at night instead of the morning. I know that I should go to bed, because tomorrow will come all too soon. But I love the peace of the night. When all are asleep and I have a sliver of time to have my very own uninterrupted thoughts.

    Hoping Today brings you more fun and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you started this blog! I feel like I am sitting on your couch talking with you again! I miss that! I like hearing your thoughts :)
    I'm also excited to see where your creativity takes you and how it will manifest itself. It already is with your photography!
    Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

    ReplyDelete