Monday, September 2, 2013

A "Sleepover" Party

Lucy is always begging to have a "sleepover" party with me and her dad or with her aunties. Her definition of a sleepover party is staying up late and snuggling with a movie and popcorn. I was having a hard time deciding what to do for her first birthday party with friends. A "sleepover" only made sense! 
We started off the night coloring some shirts. I drew on nine shirts, either a boy or girl owl with each child's initial. 
Todd was more interested in the marker caps then he was actually coloring.
 Next, Alex and a friend of his made a blanket fort where the kids watched a Disney sing-along movie while munching on bowls of popcorn and strawberries.
We then sang "Happy Birthday" to Lucy with her "donut cake". You would think it was Todd's birthday by these pictures. :)
 Next was presents. Annie is just chillin on the couch back there.
For the last activity of the night, we colored "sleep masks" and played Pin the Sleep Mask on the Raccoon. They all peeked and placed their masks perfectly. Little squirts.
The party favors were not only the shirts they colored, but also a mini box of doughnuts. I frosted some Cheerios and dabbed a little bit of frosting on the bottom of each one to make sure they stayed in place in the box. For the white doughnuts, I rolled Cheerios in powdered sugar after sprinkling a little bit of water on them. The box was made out of scrapbook paper.
I didn't have time to get to my shadow puppet theater, but overall, I think it was a big success! The four-year old's had an absolute blast. After the fact, I was exhausted and my voice was practically gone... 9 kids ages 4 and under, at bed time mind you, was CRAZY! They were all bouncing off the walls/breaking down in tears.
And let me explain Lucy's hair....I had it all cute in two braids and about a half hour before the party she ripped them out. She refused to let me fix it. You could say I was a little embarrassed when here her friends are coming over to her party with their hair perfectly combed and looking adorable. I don't even want to know what the other mom's must have been thinking!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That's so funny about Lucy's hair! And that party was so amazing looking! You went all-out! Those mini doughnut boxes are works of art! I wouldn't have wanted to eat them! What a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shock and Awe. Shock and Awe. Simply Amazed! Well done. ;)

    ReplyDelete