Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Around Here

*Nothing like watching a rain shower at 7:30 am before daddy has to go to school.
*This post is my 400th post since I started blogging five years ago. I feel like a celebration is in order. :)
*We've recently become members of the YMCA. It's so great to be able to drop off the three kids for an hour or two to allow me to exercise. Though, truth be told, I usually bring a book and walk on the treadmill while reading. But needless to say, my sanity is always found once again at the gym.
*I've become a smoothie master lately. My Jamba days back in high school sure have helped. Hardly a day goes by without a refreshing, healthy concoction of fruits with the occasional handful of spinach.
*Lately, Lucy has become fixated with the English accent. Maybe it's from watching Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. She says things like "Ello. How do you do?" and "Good day!" with an English accent to the best of her ability. She knows how to speak some Spanish (thanks Dora) and some "English-es"
*Annie's first laugh came right after I had some dental work done. I was trying to smile at her, but only half of my mouth would curve upward. She apparently thought it was hilarious! Then I would laugh, which must have looked even more ridiculous cause she was busting a gut!
*Todd is still a little behind in his speech development, but is progressing well. We've mostly had to work on Lucy not speaking for him or answering every question we ask him.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 400!!! That doubles my 200, lol. I think I'll withhold that info from Brandon so he still esteems me to be a fantastic blogger. Love the story of Annie's first laugh... absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Joined the gym last week! Amazing! Yes, sanity restored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, I remember your smoothies! Can you please move in here and make us your smoothies every day? ;)
    That's great that you get an hour or two to yourself every day! That is worth about any cost!
    I was laughing imagining you and Annie laughing at eachother! That is so cute!
    And congrats on the 400th post! Ice cream for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete