Saturday, May 3, 2014

Disneyland 2014

*There is a video I made from our day at the end of this post. It's pretty cute :)*
I drove the kids to California to visit family. Alex was nearly non-existent anyways studying for school and his upcoming board exam. We got in to town late Wed night and the next morning we went to Disneyland with my parents, my sister Laura, and my Auntie Dell and Aunt Allison. It was a birthday celebration for both Anna and Todd. And a celebration of just wanting to go to Disneyland :)
When we first got into the park, we saw Belle standing over to the side so we went and got in her line. At the exact same time, me and Belle made eye contact and we recognized each other immediately! She was one of my closest friends when I worked at Disneyland and I hadn't seen or talked to her since. It was so wonderful to see her and to catch up for a second! She was so surprised to see that I had three children and was so sweet to pay some extra attention to them. 
Trying to snap a picture before the horse and buggy run us over!
The day we went happened to be the 50th anniversary of the song "It's a Small World After All". There was a sign in Town Square saying that Richard Sherman would be there in a cavalcade doing a "sing-a-long". I really wanted to go see the man behind so many beloved Disney songs. 
 Watching the Mickey's Magical Map show
The line to see Elsa and Anna was ridiculously long. 2 hours long! When I had asked Lucy what she wanted to do the most when we got to Disneyland, she would say she wanted to meet Elsa and Anna. My mom and aunts were so kind and tag-teamed waiting in line. Lucy was so thrilled to meet them!
 This little girl was zonked for a good while. She missed meeting the Frozen characters. Not that she even cared...
It's not easy trying to get three little kids to cooperate in a picture!

Lucy got a musical box with the Princess Aurora in it. When the princesses came by in the parade, my sister Laura got Princess Aurora's attention and pointed to Lucy. Lucy proudly showed her the music box and Aurora acknowledged her with showing Lucy her dress and blowing her a kiss. Lucy was on cloud nine!
 Todd loved his R2D2 lunch box. That boy is all about Star Wars and robots these days.Unfortunately he was too short to go on Star Tours. Next time...
 The kids were enamored with the Tiki Room - Nana's favorite!
We had an absolute blast! We were all tuckered out by the end of the day. Can't wait for next time!

Here is a video I made from our magical day! (If the video below doesn't work, click HERE)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I love everything about this post!!! Your pictures, your videos, everything! Its perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical day! Loved your video! I can't wait to take our little guy to Disneyland!!

    ReplyDelete