Monday, May 12, 2014

I Spy With My Little Eye...

... a big three year old!
This little boy - whom I like to call my favorite little boy ever - has melted my heart, poured it into a heart-shaped-mold, sprinkled it with some love, watched it grow, squished it, loved it, hugged it, kissed it, then gave it back to me. I'm a big pile of mush when it comes to my Toddy! 
Three current favorite things about Todd:
1. I love his imagination and watching him play with his toys. From shooting lasers, to fighting robots, to sleeping Star Wars characters. He makes his toys come alive!
2. He is getting better each day learning to communicate. My favorite is when he says "Dad...best friend!" I'll confirm what he says and repeat "Dad is your best friend?!" and he'll squeal "YEAH!" Oh how I wish I could demonstrate this for you. It's adorable and heart-wrenchingly cute!
3. His mind is always at work. He loves building and constructing things. He's so clever when it comes to attaching things together, or building spaceships, or making houses. He's got a creative, engineering brain.
I asked him to hold up three fingers for me. He did so but then started "shooting" me with his three fingers!
Squish that boy!!
Kiss him!!
For his birthday, he woke up to streamers and other decorations. We had a simple breakfast then opened some presents with daddy before he had to leave for school. I later took the kids to lunch at McDonald's where they could run around. Then we headed to the Children's Museum for the rest of the day. A perfect birthday spent for a happy little boy. 
Happy Birthday Todd! We love you dearly!

2 comments:

  1. That is one handsome boy! Well done, Well done. I so wish he could come play with Ryan and Mason! Just want to give him a big cheek hug!!!

    ReplyDelete