Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"I Heard the News, Congrats!"

I don't remember how it came up, but I was telling Lucy that she has a sister named Mary in heaven. I should have known it would have caused confusion. Alex and I love the name Mary, and one day, doooown the road, we hope to have another daughter that we can name Mary. Lucy, of course, has now become extremely interested in "Mary"....talking about her, pretending to be her, naming dolls after her, ect. 
Out of the blue I received a text from Lucy's preschool teacher saying, "I heard the news, congrats!" I knew instantly that Lucy had been blabbing about a "new baby sister". I replied back, "hahaha! no no no..." and went on to explain. Later that night, I had to drop the kids off at a friends house and when I came back to pick them up, my friend asked "Okay...can I ask you a question?" Before she could ask, I responded with "No, I'm not pregnant!"
You sure as heck can bet I sat Lucy down and clarified to her what I meant! Don't think it really got through to her though. Especially after having to clarify to two other people that I am NOT pregnant! Ha!

Lesson learned: Don't trust a four-year-old with a hypothetical situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment