Monday, April 2, 2012

I Love This


I can't begin to tell you how much I love this picture. It's my current favorite. When I first saw it uploaded to my computer, I layered my hands on my heart and just exhaled a breath full of immense love that was almost painful! I love this picture for a number of reasons. First, I love the composition... the rule of 3rds, the setting in which Spring has sprung, I love the movement captured, and I love how Alex and Lucy mimic each other in their body stance. But mostly I love the utter joy and wonderment captured in Lucy as she is chasing after something so new and exciting. And I love that her dad is the one to experience this with her. 

A close up of Lucy (I'm so sad that my camera isn't good enough to have caught her expression clearly.) 


It's pictures like this - stopping time in that brief moment - that make me love photography so much. And now I get to keep this moment for the rest of my life. I am so lucky. 

3 comments:

  1. Those are my exact feelings on why I love photography so much too. Capturing a moment in time that you'll never get back. And enjoying it over and over again. I love it. You're a wonderful photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo too! I like how you explained why you like it. I've been wanting to fly kites for a couple weeks now! They are so much fun!
    The expression on Lucy's face really is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete