Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Temple Open House

Yesterday was our day to be tour guides for the Kansas City Temple open house.
Yesterday was one of my favorite experiences with Alex since we got married.

Yesterday...
...we got up around 5:30am and dropped the kids off from about 6:15am-12:45pm
...we goofed off with each other while waiting to get our tour group. (we're we allowed to have that much fun?!)
...we each got to take turns hosting a tour group consisting of about 30 people
...we fell more in love with each other
...we had such a feeling of fulfillment giving up our morning and serving at the temple

and most importantly, we were able to share the gospel with people who didn't know very much about the church. The Spirit was so strong and so peaceful, it was hard to deny it.
This was the closest to a mission that I have ever experienced. I can't wait to serve a mission with Alex one day!

After our time as tour guides, we came home and all of us crashed for a couple of hours. (I can't tell you how grateful I was that both kids slept at the same time! Very rare.) Alex then took off for his only class that day and invited some of his classmates to the temple house that evening. We had 7 friends over for dinner and then all went to the temple open house together. We had even more amazing conversations about the church with Alex's classmates... most of whom don't believe in Christ. But we were able to share our testimonies with them and I know that they felt something special.


One of these days I'll get pictures up of the temple when I finally remember to bring my camera with me!
It's so beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool experience. I love that you got to do that together. And I am so impressed with how great of a missionary I know you are Shauna, you just radiate with goodness and with the gospel light:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, what a sacred experience to treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat experience! I can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete