Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Note From a Smitten Fourteen Year Old

For the last several years, I've had a three-ring binder under my side of the bed collecting all sorts of notes, pictures, ticket stubs, and other sentimental things that have made up a lot of mine and Alex's relationship journey. I'll pull it out, throw something in there, then shove it back under my bed, with the intention to one day organize it all.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally went to Michaels, bought a new scrapbook album, some protective cover sheets, and began to chronologically organize everything. 

This brings me to to this note... It was the first thing I had ever given to Alex. I brought it to church, shoved it in his hands and walked away. Yea, sure... the note shows confidence, but that took a lot for me to do!! I also included this cheesy picture of myself in it... one where you couldn't even see my face! ha! 
The best part about all of this? Is that Alex actually kept these for all those years...

3 comments: