Friday, October 5, 2012

My Little Ballerina


Since high school, I've dreamed of having a little girl in ballet. I couldn't wait to dress her up and neatly tuck her hair away into a little bun.  
Lucy just finished her first ballet/tap class yesterday! It was such a joy to see her in there stretching her little legs and practicing her pliés. 
There were (several) moments where the teacher had to remind Lucy to listen and to participate. After all, she was one of the youngest and this is her first organized class of any kind. But overall, she did a fantastic job and she looked forward to "dancing school" every week! We start another section of dance next week. This time it is going to be a ballet/creative dance class... Lucy really didn't like tap dancing on account she was scared she was going to slip and fall. :)

this is a little 40 sec video of Lucy doing some pliés

6 comments:

  1. okay i just got really excited to have a girl. thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous! I hope to have a little ballerina someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is getting so big and she is gorgeous like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shauna I love your sweet blog! You have such a beautiful family, and Lucy is so pretty just like her mommy. By the way, the photo's you take are amazing. Each one seems to have a little story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cutest. thing. ever. Seriously. I need to find something fun like that for Joey to do, too ... maybe mud wrestling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! I've wanted to put Mariel in dance for so long now -but I think she's still young. Lucy is so darn cute -I can't wait to have my own be a sweet little ballerina like her :)

    ReplyDelete