Monday, October 29, 2012

The Pumpkin Patch

We finally made it to the pumpkin patch on the last weekend of October. Although Alex should have been studying for his test, he came along with us. I'm grateful to him for making those little sacrifices for us because to me, they're huge! It was all very fun and low key... except for when I accidentally let a HUGE goat out of the petting zoo! (like, his head came to my waist!) I'm telling you... he was waiting for his escape. I had both kids ready to exit the gate, but there were these two big goats waiting right there with there noses up to the crack of the gate. While holding Todd, I weaseled my way between them and the gate, pushing them back with my bum as best I could until I had enough room to open the gate to let Lucy out. Once she got out, I kept having to push one of the goat's noses back, but before Todd and I could get out the goat just booked it out of there! 
Pretty much everyone just stared at us as I expressed my frustration/embarrassment/it wasn't my fault and while Alex wrangled the goat to get him back in the gate. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Alex handling the goat, but I didn't think of it until afterwards. In the end, it was a success and no one was harmed in the process. :)

Anyways, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story. 


2 comments:

  1. Your pictures tell such a beautiful story! Sad to think this time last year we were still all together. I'm holding out for Disneyland or at least a trip to visit you sometime this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your pictures, Shauna! You do such a great job of capturing what happened :) Todd and Lucy are just so cute -I bet this next little one of yours will be just as adorable.

    ReplyDelete