Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Classic Artist's Exercise

 If you've ever been in an art class, you've probably done the egg drawing exercise. Drawing an egg is a fine art exercise used for those drawing in charcoal, pencil, or chalk. It's a fantastic way to study form, light and shadow and the way those values blend so flawlessly together.
So why not try to photograph an egg, or two, or three? All I keep hearing is that if I want to become a better photographer, I need to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
So here I am...practicing.
I took my 50mm lens (that I rarely use...it kind of intimidates me) and went out into the freezing cold. I really wanted to get some of that sparkling morning dew as the sun started to rise.
After some numb fingers and damp pants, I'm happy with how they turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! I just got a 50 mm lens and I definitely need to practice! My kids are always running too close to the lens which make things tricky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 50 mm is on its way for Christmas!!! These are beautiful! Love your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I could eat that egg...cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I just got caught up on all your past posts and they are all so amazing! I LOVE all the photos you have been taking! Seriously, I love b+w too! And you do such a good job of capturing moments with your kids. The twirling ballerina Lucy one could be on a postcard! Amazing.
    And I love that Lucy's hat of choice was the one I made her...makes me feel happy :)
    Oh, and I also like all the names you are deciding between for the next little angel! What sweet names! I really love June!
    We miss playing at the park with you guys! The park was covered in snow today :)

    ReplyDelete