Monday, December 17, 2012

Why is This So Hard?!?

Pinned Image
 HELP! I'm at a loss of what to name this little girl! I mean, we're naming a human being! It's kind of a big deal... a really big deal for me!
I think about it ALL day! I'm on nameberry.com all the time looking at all sorts of names! We've thrown around so many, but nothing is sounding quite right to me. With both my other kids, I just knew it when I heard it that that was their name. I think my problem with this baby is that I'm waiting for that same gut feeling when I hear a name. But it hasn't come yet. Thank goodness that we have four more months to figure this out.
I know that we'll eventually need to at least have a few names when we go to the hospital and decide there.

Some of the names we've been throwing around (in no particular order):
Mary
Winnie
Penny
June
Rebecca

We tend to like more throwback, cutesy names. But all of the above names have been either completely or almost completely tossed out.

I need some help! Any suggestions?!

6 comments:

  1. Names are hard. My sister in law is pregnant, and the first round of girl names she thought she liked, she's now tossed because they're "Popular" names.

    Have you tried using the baby name voyager? You type in a name and it shows you the popularity over time, but there's also a name finder, where you put in preferences and it pulls things it thinks you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what a daunting task that would be! Best of luck.. your kids have such cute names, I am sure you guys will pick a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I have been thinking all night for you! Haha so here is my list:

    Carly
    Hannah
    Lilly
    Presley
    Hallie
    Leila
    Jane
    Kennedy
    Gracie

    I won't be offended if you don't chose any of them ;) just thought I'd help because I know it's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we have a girl next, I'm screwed haha. I ahve like 5 I LOVE and cannot decide between. I like Winnie. It's unique and super cute sounding! :-) I'm anti-over used names lol. Though I am bummed to find Lincoln is on the top 100 list for this year. Brats! ;-) Granted it's only 99...but that's still high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard, I know. I'm there too again but luckily I still have a while. I love that Penny made the list, we love having a Penny in the family! One of my favorites (and a family name) is Josephine (Josie). I can't get over it! Not sure if we'll use it but it seemed like it would belong on your list! Also cutest friend ever of mine growing up was named Wynn and they called her Winnie and it was so adorable. I think you have good taste, you will figure it out!! Also Rebecca is always on my list, although I like it spelled Biblically. You might like the name Cindy also, cutest little girl ever that I recently met was named Cindy. Also Molly. Anyways like I said you will figure it out, but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I've been looking online for you the past couple of days! It's nice to have an excuse to look at baby names!

    Here's what I found that are older names that you may or may not like:

    -Alice (This was my great-grandmother's name-I've begged Brandon, but he doesn't like it much)
    -Eleanor (Could call her Ellie?)
    -Marion
    -Marian[ne] (maybe a compromise with Mary?)

    Found these from this website (also had all the ones you listed above) :

    http://www.baby2see.com/names/1920s.html

    Winnie has grown on me so much since you told me that one. I can totally see a little Winnie Geyer. But I also really like Penny Geyer. So hard to choose!

    It will come to you, that feeling of assurance. And I know it will be the perfect name for your sweet angel.

    ReplyDelete