Thursday, December 27, 2012

Handmade Ornaments

Both mine and Alex's parents built their dream homes only 5 minutes from each other. It's great to be able to always come back home and see both sides of the family... though a lot of times it can be tricky! :)
Anyways, I saw this idea to make a house ornament from Etsy and thought that rather than spend a fortune on one, I'll try making one myself! I got some polymer clay from Joann's and got to work.
After hours and hours of sculpting and painting, I finally finished! I'm happy with how they turned out. Especially for being the only time I've ever worked with polymer clay. Maybe I'll make some other ornaments out of the left over clay. That's if I'm feeling really ambitious.

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing! So personal and special- I am sure they loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous and so intricate! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete