Friday, December 14, 2012

The Magic of Black and White

I just love black and white photographs. I know color makes things, well, colorful. But when an image has a wide range of black and white values, it just speaks to me so much! Once you strip away the color, all you're left with is the emotion of what you are seeing.
It's as if time really does stand still and you are now putting yourself if the subject's shoes.
Can you hear the creek passing you by?
What about the giggles?
Can you feel the cool, crisp water rushing through the creases of your toes?
What interesting rocks, leaves, or sticks were found?

A photograph can be moving just like any song or piece of fine art, if you only take the time to look.

Now these photographs may not mean anything to anyone else but me.
But to me, these are special. For me, I got to capture this one little moment of childhood innocence and now I get to bottle it up and keep it forever.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I get the title to your blog post now... The lyrics from Michael Jackson's Black or White song, and your post is about black and white photos! Took me a sec.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! And I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am that you can go wading right now. We can't leave the house without 10 layers!

    ReplyDelete